2021 Residency Session Dates
The application for 2021 is open.
2021 Session dates: Friday,July 23rd – Friday,July 30th(One Week) Friday,July 23rd – Monday, July 26th(Three days)
The application deadline is on the 20th of May 2021. Applicants will be notified about whether or not they’ve been accepted by 30th of May 2021.
Mediation: Creatives who want to combine meditation sessions in their residency are requested to mention in the application form.
Mentoring: We also offer mentoring opportunities for fiction and Poetry.
Online Surgery: Mist and Mountain offer online surgeries for writers via Zoom. This is for the creatives who are struggling with their writing. This can be managed during their residency; however, it will have to be mentioned in the application. (A separate fee will be charged for this service.)
Mist & Mountain Residency values racial, economic and environmental justice and gender equality. We encourage applications from people of colour, women and LGBTQ artists and activists.
Contact us if you have concerns about or barriers to participating in a Mist and Mountain Residency at:
Before you apply
There is Wi-Fi in the property, however, we discourage the use of cell phones at the MMR. This is to maintain the sanctity of the place to make it more conducive for creative practitioners. We’ve found that cell phones and the constant connectivity they entail conflict with our mission and detract from the experience of being here. We have a phone booth with unlimited long distance calling available for resident use.
With the help of generous creative practitioners, we offer two small bursaries for creatives, which can be applied at the time of the application.
- Tenzing and Hillary bursary – £100
- Laxmi prasad Devkota Burasary – £100
Mist and Mountain accepts applications from writers, artists of all media types, activists, and composers who create original work. The following information will be requested through our online application system:
- basic personal and contact info, availability, and session preferences
- a brief bio that includes professional achievements (1 – 2 pages)
- a brief statement of your proposed plan for work at MMR (1 – 2 pages)
- We do not charge application fee
We do not request references. Spouses are not included in the acceptance invitation, though they may apply separately. Each applicant will be evaluated as an individual.
- 10 pages (double-spaced PDF, manuscript style)
- Please leave writing sample unsigned to ensure anonymity.
- Playwrights may submit up to 30 pages.
- Five JPEG images. Please include a corresponding image list (PDF) that cites titles, sizes, medium, and dates.
- A brief artist statement.
- Follow the regular application guidelines and include more extensive information about your organization and activist background. A writing sample (up to 10 pages, PDF) is welcome but not required.
- In your plan, activists may highlight your desire for rest and rejuvenation. We consider ourselves an active community of artists and activists but also recognize the value of time for reflection for those who have worked tirelessly for important causes for months or years without respite.
- Composers can upload in MP4, MP3, M4a, or WAV format.
- Scores are not necessary.
- Film/video applicants should submit a link to a 10-minute vimeo.com work sample.
Please send your documents to: email@example.com
- Statement of Interest
- Project Proposal
- Publication Record